Monday, December 21, 2015

God Bless Us, Everyone

Recently I was doing a Santa Visit for a local Daycare. I asked the first child what she wanted for Christmas. She said, "Sarah should go first." So Sarah came up and I asked her what she wanted for Christmas. She whispered in my ear, "for my baby brother not to have cancer anymore." I told her, "Santa can't take away the cancer but I will talk to your doctors and see what we can to to help him." She gave me a hug and jumped down. 

I asked the next child what he wanted and he whispered, "for Sarah's brother not to have cancer anymore." I repeated the same thing to him that I had said to Sarah. Well the next child came up and I asked her what she wanted and she whispered, "for Sarah's brother not to have cancer anymore." This went on for the whole class of 23 kids. At the end, the teachers were all crying and I was a bit teared up myself. I told the kids that they had found the true meaning of Christmas. It was to care for and love each other.


As I left the room Tiny Tim's words came to my mind as I thought about the children...


"God bless us, everyone!"


No comments:

Post a Comment