Thursday, December 12, 2013

Santa at Kneaders

I had the opportunity to be Santa for Kneaders located in Orem for their "French Toast with Santa" event. They had a section in the main dining room blocked off for people to visit with me and enjoy their specialty french toast.  Children would come tell me what they wanted, pose for pictures, and occasionally we would sing Christmas carols. Things were going along normally.

As things were winding down at the end of the night, an elderly woman came up and shook my hand.  I gently tugged on her hand and encouraged her to sit on my knee and said, "Tell Santa what you want for Christmas."

Her eyes lit up and she said, "Why don't you tell me what I want for Christmas?"

Smiling, I said, "You want all of your children and grandchildren to be healthy and happy and to have a wonderful holiday season." Then with a wink I added, "And that one special thing that you want for yourself, I'll try to get it under your tree this year."

She threw her arms around me and gave me a tight squeeze. "You're the best Santa we've ever had! You've made me believe in Santa again."

As she left the area, the gentleman who had been standing with her leaned down and asked me if I knew who she was, and I told him that I didn't.  He said that she was the owner of Kneaders!

Being Santa is NEVER normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment