Thursday, December 5, 2013

Santa Magic

Winder Dairy has me being their Santa every Thursday night from 6-8 p.m. until Christmas.  I get to meet a lot of fun people who tell me what they want for Christmas.  Most memorable  on my last visit were those who could not speak.

Three girls came in with two mentally disabled people, a man and a woman.  First the woman came up and stood beside me.  As always, I asked what she wanted for Christmas, but got no reply.  One of her companions explained to me that the woman could not communicate.  I stood up and took her hands and looked into her eyes and saw a spark of recognition for Santa.  I asked her companion what she liked to do and she told me she liked books.  Looking back into her eyes I asked the woman if she wanted Santa to bring her some books for Christmas.  Her eyes widened and she squoze my hand. Figuring that I was on the right track, I asked her some different types of books.  When I mentioned Disney books, her eyes widened again and she squoze my hands again.  I then asked about Disney princess books, and she squoze even tighter.  I smiled and sat down and looked at her companion and said, "It looks like she would like some Disney princess books for Christmas."

Her companion's mouth fell open in amazement and she said, "How did you do that?"  I smiled and winked and said, "Santa magic!"

Being Santa is magical!

No comments:

Post a Comment