Friday, December 5, 2014

Comfort and Joy

Tonight was my first Santa Claus appearance of this year!  I was on my way up to a show when I saw flashing lights up ahead.  After several minutes in the slow traffic, I saw it was an accident.  As I came up on the scene, I noticed that a mother and her young daughter were sitting on the side of the road, and of course I focused on the young girl who looked obviously shaken.  Being filled with the Santa Claus spirit, I pulled over in the parking lot behind the accident.  All I had on me was a candy cane.  I rang my bells and that little girl's eyes lit right up!  When she saw me she ran right to me and gave me a big hug.  I asked if she was okay and she said she was, but her mom's new car wasn't.  I asked her what she wanted for Christmas and gave her the candy cane.  I told her I had to get back to the North Pole and gave her another hug before getting back in my car. 

Sometimes being Santa Claus I can help to comfort others.




No comments:

Post a Comment