Saturday, December 3, 2011

Magical Bunnies

As a magician, I use bunnies in my magic shows.  The first bunny I got was a black mini-rex I named Puff.  He was a great first bunny, he learned very quickly how to lay in a magic prop and stay still until I produced him.  When I would open the box, he would pop right up and all the kids in the audience would squeal with delight.  Puff worked with me for about four years until he got sick earlier this year with a double ear infection from which he didn't recover.


The bunny I'm using right now in my shows is a carmel colored part mini-rex I call Bobo (named after a famous magician).  He is about three years old and has been working with me during the last two summers.  Puff got the summers off because he would get too hot - being all black.  Bobo is very gentle and well behaved bunny. He loves to be pet by children after magic shows. His favorite treat is bananas.


I just got a new baby bunny to replace Puff.  A magician should always have a back up bunny in case one gets sick or is having a bad day.  My new bunny is part mini-rex and part lion head.  He is white with grey ears and nose and feet.  I've decided to name him Jasper (again naming him after another famous magician).

Jasper is only two months only and so far seems to be quite an affectionate bunny.  He loves to lick me when I hold him.  I hope that he will be as good a performer as Puff was.

No comments:

Post a Comment