Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Santa for Magna Library

The Librarian at Magna Library had put a long curving line of tape on the floor for people to follow and wait in to see Santa.  It kind of reminded me of the queue lines at Disneyland.  Everyone was very cooperative and orderly.  In the 45 minutes that I was there, about 100 children came through the line and sat on my knee.  There were only a few that were frightened, but I got them intrigued by ringing my bells and letting them hold and shake them.  Works every time!

The most common requests for Christmas from the kids that visited me tonight were iPod Touches and Xbox 360s. There were also a lot of lap top computer requests.

The highlight of the night was close to the end of the line, when a child had just jumped down off my knee and this little 4 year old girl was told it was her turn.  She sprinted towards me launching herself into the air flying towards me and landing in my lap flinging her arms around my neck.  Good thing she was such a little thing or she could have knocked me right over!  She repeated over and over, "You came, you came, you came!"  To which I replied, "I've been waiting for you to come see me."  She replied matter-of-factly, "I know."  She hugged me tightly for a full minute - I couldn't have pried her off with a crowbar.

Finally she sat on my knee, swinging her legs and said, "You got my list, right?"  I told her of course I did, but asked her to remind me what was on it.  But all she would say was, "just the stuff on the list."  She gave me a quick hug then jumped down, grabbed her candy cane and disappeared into another part of the library.

It's good to be Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment