Friday, December 7, 2012

Santa for Winder Dairy

Last night was my opportunity to be Santa for Winder Country Farms (formerly Winder Dairy). This is something I did last year and they asked me to come back again this year.  I will be there each Thursday night from 6 to 8 p.m.  People can bring their kids to visit me and can take pictures.

It's kind of funny that I have become Winder Dairy's Santa, because I used to work for them many years ago as a milkman.  The new generation of Winders don't know that though.

Winder Country Farms has a store where they sell their milk and other dairy products - and the best eggnog this Santa has ever tasted.  They also sell breads, and right now they sell hot cocoa and freshly made scones among other treats.  I was surprised at the traffic for this little out of the way specialty store, but there was an almost constant flow of visitors.

I was surprised when some of my family started to arrive.  Two of my sister's-in-law brought their babies to see "Santa" for the first time.  My little nephew was thrilled to visit with me and soon took possession of me - I was HIS Santa and he didn't really want to let any other kids sit on my knee.  He did though, but came back three more times.  My brother said that all night and the next day all he would talk about was HIS Santa.


My daughter and my niece also came to visit and my niece brought her new "baby" to visit with Santa.  That's the first time I have had my picture taken with a puppy!



My mother also visited and I got her to sit with me for a picture.  She is delighted to be the "mother of Santa."


It's great to be Santa for your own family!

No comments:

Post a Comment