Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Storytime with Santa

Today I was Santa for West Valley Library.  They had a very nice chair and backdrop in a room where they let one child or family in at a time to see me.  After I had visited with several children, they opened the door and a little boy ran in and climbed into my lap and snuggled right up against me.  I asked what he wanted for Christmas, but he didn't say anything.  I talked to him a little bit, and to his mom and she told me what he wanted while he just snuggled.

Later, when there were no more children to visit with, my little friend came running back into the room with a book in hand.  He hopped up on my lap and handed me the book and looked up at me obviously waiting for me to start reading, so I did.  When I was finished, he took the book, jumped down and ran back out of the room.

Just a minute later his mother came into the room and asked me if I had seen him.  Before I could even tell her what happened, he came running back into the room with another book and climbed back up on my knee.  So I started reading another book to him.

The mother though it was so adorable that her son was getting a story read to him by Santa Claus, she stood transfixed.  I took the opportunity to mention to her she might want to get her camera as this was a perfect photo op.  She snapped out of it, grabbed her camera and took a bunch of pictures as I read the second book.

He got a third book which I also read, then tried to get another, but his mother intervened and took my little friend home, much to his displeasure.  By the way, he had great taste in books - they were all Christmas stories.

It's fun being Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment