Sunday, December 2, 2012

Welcome Back Santa

Last night I did my first two appearances as Santa for this year.  After the first show, I had some time before my next show, and rather than going home, changing then changing back, I called my friend to see if his grandkids were there.  I thought I would drop by as Santa and surprise them.  Unfortunately they weren't visiting him that night, but his wife told me that they had some new neighbors that had moved in next door.  It was a single mother with four young children whom she hadn't met yet, but thought it would great if I stopped by and surprised them.

I went to the house and the youngest girl opened the door then quickly closed it again with a squeal (that happens a lot).  I heard several "No way!"s through the door, then the mother opened the door and invited me in.  I had each child sit on my knee to tell me what they wanted for Christmas, and they immediately went blank (that happens a lot too).  But the oldest sister knew exactly what she wanted - Justin Bieber!  I told her I would see what I could do, but I wasn't sure what Selena Gomez would say.  That elicited a round of gags from the other girls.

The girls ran off delighted with their surprise visit from Santa.  The mother got emotional, telling me how hard it was to be newly single with four young children.  I told her that she had four great reasons to be happy this Christmas just before they ran back to give me the pictures they had colored for me.  She wiped her tears, smiled at her girls and thanked me for coming. I wished them a Merry Christmas and left with a very warm heart.

I love being Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment