Saturday, December 8, 2012

Santa Can be Overwhelming

Being Santa, I am able to be part of many different events at many venues.  I've been Santa at Libraries, Day Care Centers, office parties, and many private and family parties.  But the one I enjoy the most is when I get to be Santa for my own church Christmas party.

I was a little bit concerned that the children in the ward would recognize my voice and figure out who I was.  One of the young girls, after sitting on my lap said, "Santa, you sound like Brother White."  I told her that I knew him and that I had brought him some of his magic tricks for Christmas over the years, then quickly diverted her attention to what she wanted me to bring her this year.

One of the highlights of the evening was when I heard a squeal from the doorway.  When I looked over, I saw a little girl I recognized who was jumping up and down, she was so excited.  Her parents had to restrain her so she didn't push past other children to get to me.  While they were waiting, she bounced with excitement and recited her wish list to anyone who would listen.  When it was her turn, she ran up and jumped on my knee and told me me to look at her mom who was going to take a picture of us.  After the picture, I asked her what she wanted for Christmas, and as sometimes happens, she stared at me and said nothing.  She had gone completely blank, and it took her mother reminding her of a couple of items to snap her out of it and then she rattled her list of for at least a whole minute.

Sometimes its "awe"-some being Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment